5 Snack Ideas
- Serve a selection of low fat dips or& homemade guacamole with crisp vegetable crudités for a refreshing yet light snack that won’t sabotage your efforts to cut back after Christmas.
- Almonds are a delicious and nutritious snack to serve to guests. The key is getting the portion size right. A small handful (about 15-20 almonds) is considered one serve. Try portioning them out in advance so that your guests can enjoy them without getting too much of a good thing.
- Fresh fruit kebabs with a natural Greek yoghurt dip also make a delicious light treat for entertaining and they’re easy to prepare at home. Try to use at least 3-4 different types of fruit to make the kebabs look as appetising as possible.
- Tomato and basil Bruschetta is another great tasting but light dish. Thinly slice a baguette, brush it lightly with olive oil and then toast it in the oven on both sides. Chop some tomatoes and basil, add some light seasoning, and serve them on the toasted baguette pieces.
- For something a little more substantial, serve a selection of mixed wrap sandwiches cut into bite size pieces. Try a delicious combo like chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato and reduced fat cheese. Alternatively, smoked salmon with dill and reduced fat cream cheese will be sure to please.