Lettuce leaves have long been used in Asia for wrapping food to make a parcel. The most famous being San Choy Bau. But wrapping tasty morsels in lettuce is becoming more popular and proving to be a real hit with the kids and adults alike.
One of my favourite ways of using them is to replace soft tacos to create a fresh Mexican twist. Chilli con carne is perfect in a lettuce wrap. Or you could try some of these ideas:
- Fried potatoes and chorizo
- Grilled chicken Sweetcorn and lime
- Pulled pork with BBQ sauce and green chillies
- Sliced chicken with sweetcorn and coriander salsa
When you have had your fill of Mexican you can try some Asian flavours like these:
- Minced pork with garlic, ginger and light soy
- Roast duck with hoisin sauce
- Thai chicken with lime and toasted coconut
This is only a very small selection of ideas for lettuce wraps, if you have some ideas of your own why not post them on our Facebook page.