Don’t under eggstimate eggs, give them another crack!
There is not a single ingredient more versatile than eggs, they can feature in almost any meal at any time of day. Fried, boiled and poached or baked, scrambled and beaten. That’s before we even think about the lightest cakes or creamiest mayonnaise that just wouldn’t be, without eggs.
And there is one area where eggs are unbeatable (sorry), this is being able to provide a budget meal in moments. This could be as simple as a fried egg on toast or as yummy as a deliciously light omelette.
In fact, a perfectly cooked omelette is a real treat, and I’ve got a few tips that can help you cook the perfect omelette every time. These are:
- If you are going to add fillings always cook these and have them ready before making your omelette
- Use a non-stick pan and don’t over heat it.
- Melt butter into pan then add the eggs, cook over a medium heat for around 30 seconds
- Add fillings and cook until the egg is just cooked but still soft.
- Fold over, then serve – simply delicious everytime.