How many kitchen appliances?
How many kitchen appliances do you own? Most people have several hidden away in their kitchen cupboards – some you can’t live without, others make you wonder why you bought them in the first place!
So, how do you get the most out of your appliances?
1. Only buy what you really need and will use – a pizza maker, doughnut maker, hot dog maker, fairy floss maker and popcorn maker – are these appliances really going to be used on a regular basis and can you really justify spending the money on them – consider these as a fun gadget that will only be used occasionally.
2. Buy the best you can afford – when buying an appliance, decide what you are going to use it for and buy the one that best suits you and your budget.
3. Avoid buying fancy appliances – extra features make the appliance complicated to use and a lot more expensive. Extra features are great if you will use them, otherwise they become a waste of money and a waste of storage space.
4. Read instructions – to get the most out of your appliance, learn how to use it! Keep the instruction manual in a safe place and use it when necessary.
5. Consider storage space – consider where you will put your appliances, as they can take up valuable space in cupboards. Rather than buying multiple appliances, consider one appliance that has multiple uses, like a food processor, with added attachments, that whips, beats, slices, grates, chops, mixes. Also, if your appliance is to sit on the kitchen bench, consider a style that fits in with your kitchen.