Australia Day BBQ Preparation
You’ll just need to do a take a few easy steps to make sure that your BBQ runs smoothly. Nothing ruins a BBQ like an empty gas bottle, a poorly seasoned kebab, or a dirty BBQ that burns instead of cooks.
For a perfect BBQ, follow these steps.
1. Clean BBQ before use.
2. Have a spare gas bottle, or a plan to get a refill if your usual place is closed on public holidays.
3. Season and marinate the meat. Even just a dash of salt and pepper on your meat can make a big difference. Or you can try marinading your meat for more flavour.
4. If you prefer to use a charcoal BBQ, then make sure you light it up early (no one wants to wait another hour for the BBQ to get hot enough to start roasting those delicious ribs).
5. Rotate the meat around the hotplate, to compensate for uneven temperatures.
Also, don’t be afraid to improvise.
6. If you notice that the BBQ’s not cooking the meat to your liking, use the oven to finish off the cooking.